About the book, from Macmillan:
“Welcome to Charon’s Crossing. The tea is hot, the scones are fresh, and the dead are just passing through.
When a reaper comes to collect Wallace from his own funeral, Wallace begins to suspect he might be dead.
And when Hugo, the owner of a peculiar tea shop, promises to help him cross over, Wallace decides he’s definitely dead.
But even in death he’s not ready to abandon the life he barely lived, so when Wallace is given one week to cross over, he sets about living a lifetime in seven days.
Hilarious, haunting, and kind, Under the Whispering Door is an uplifting story about a life spent at the office and a death spent building a home.”
About the Author, TJ Klune:
“TJ KLUNE is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling, Lambda Literary Award-winning author of The House in the Cerulean Sea, The Extraordinaries, and more. Being queer himself, Klune believes it’s important—now more than ever—to have accurate, positive queer representation in stories.”
Why I selected Under the Whispering Door for the September 2022 Giveaway:
- If you don’t know it, this Gnome is celebrating my 1-year anniversary! The first book I gave away was TJ Klune’s book, The House in the Cerulean Sea, so it seemed appropriate to celebrate a year of bookish delight by hiding another TJ Klune story!
- This story, like The House in the Cerulean Sea, is moving, heartfelt, and full of delightful and relatable characters, even though the stories are very different.
- Every character is lovable yet flawed in believable ways – you’ll probably resonate with at least one character ❤
- This book is a lovely and tender reminder to live life to the fullest, and it’s never too late to build the kind of life you want to live (even if you’re a ghost) 🙂
- At its core, the tome is all about finding your family and accepting yourself. Who doesn’t need more of that?
- You will feel all of the feels – you’ll laugh, you’ll probably cry, and if nothing else you’ll feel all the warm fuzzies!