About the book, from Penguin Random House:
“The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.
But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway: a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them both, this is a game in which only one can be left standing. Despite the high stakes, Celia and Marco soon tumble headfirst into love, setting off a domino effect of dangerous consequences, and leaving the lives of everyone, from the performers to the patrons, hanging in the balance.”
About the Author, Erin Morgenstern:
“Erin Morgenstern is the New York Times bestselling author of THE NIGHT CIRCUS (one of TIME Magazine’s 100 Best Fantasy Books of All Time) and THE STARLESS SEA. Her books have won Alex, Locus & Dragon Awards and have been published in dozens of languages. She has a degree in Theater from Smith College and lives in Massachusetts.”
Why I selected The Night Circus for this Giveaway:
- This book is memorable – the writing is lyrical. This gnome thinks it’s one of the most beautifully written books ever.
- This story is the best kind of escapist fiction – you will find yourself completely immersed in a circus full of magic and wonder (no creepy sideshows or scary clowns here) 🙂
- It might be the most melancholy love story you’ll ever read, in the best way possible. ❤
- You might find yourself wanting to join the rêveurs on their adventures following the circus around the world (get yourself a red scarf, friends!)
- This book reminds you that you can’t always control the circumstances you find yourself in, but you can control how you respond to them.